Facts and Awards
- The VHA operates 600 public housing units.
- The Section 8 Program has approximately 300 Housing Choice Vouchers under contract with local property owners.
- The VHA has a continuing history of collecting 99% of monthly rent payments.
- Capital Grants awarded with approximately $19 million+ in facility improvements.
- Each site has an active democratically elected Resident Council whose members comprise the VHA's Resident Advisory Board (RAB).
- Average number of annual work orders processed and completed: 3,500.
- All emergency work orders are addressed within 24 hours of receiving them.
- Approximately 1,383 inspections are performed each year.
- The Congregate Services Program serves, on average, 54 clients per month; approximately 4,829 meals and 3,000 homemaking/personal care service hours.
- The longest sitting Board member has dedicated her time and leadership to the VHA for the past 30 years.
- HUD Designated High Performer since 2000: score in the high 90 percentile
- HUD Designated High Performer SEMAP since 2000: score in the high 90 percentile
- Ranked 14th in nation when HUD scored 2,400 PHAs in 2001
- 2002 Award of Merit: VHA blood drive
- 2002 MARC/NAHRO Award of Excellence: Summer Activites Program
- 2002 MARC/NAHRO Award of Merit: Summer Activities
- 2003 MARC/NAHRO Award of Excellence: Corbin Educational Center Design award